Today I have a Cajun recipe for Shrimp Etouffee!
- 2 pounds of Shrimp
- 1 stick of Butter
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- 2 chopped celery stalks
- 1 tbsp Creole seasoning
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 3 tbsps of minced garlic
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Rinse and chop all vegetables to bite size.
- Put rice to cook
- Throw butter down in large pot and let melt add in bay leaf.
- Add in garlic cook for 3 mins.
- Add yellow onion, bell peppers and celery and season with salt, pepper and Cajun blend.
- Cover and cook for 2 mins.
- Next add in flour, stir and cook for 3 minutes
- Add in the rest of seasoning and slowly whisk in stock. Whisk quickly and make sure there are no clumps.
- Let cook for 5 mins
- Add in raw shrimp and let cook another 5 mins.
- Pour over finished rice and serve!
Ok Readers,, let me know if you try our this recipe and leave a comment below!
Full Cooking Class is on the Patreon Page.
Until Next Time,