Let’s talk about asparagus. The star of spring it is one of the first vegetables to be harvested in the spring and has found its way from cocktail parties to fine dinning. Asparagus is high in Vitamin B, loaded with minerals and provides a much needed boost to the body after a long winter indoors.
Although asparagus is a little light on flavor one of my favorite ways to enjoy them is air fried. Yes my new air fryer is my life ( Blog about my air fryer love affair coming next lol) but in the oven is just as good! A squeeze of lemon is really all a roasted asparagus needs. But if you are looking for a light hearted recipe for lunch here is my go to.
Eggs and Asparagus
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 minced garlic
- 5 cherry tomato, halved
- 5 whole Asparagus, chopped
- 1 Whole wheat toast
- 3 tbsp butter
- In a sauté pan, melt butter.
- Once butter is melted add in minced garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
- Next add halved cherry tomatoes, asparagus, salt and pepper. stir quickly and frequently for about 2 minutes
- Put whole wheat bread to toast.
- Add in eggs on top of vegetables and stir to a scramble. Continue until cooked about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with whole wheat toast.
I hope you try out this recipe, if you do let me know in the comments and send photos!
Until next time,